Wednesday, January 17, 2007

my crabby post

Can I just say that I am crabby today? I sure don't want to be, but that doesn't help. I am so tired I could 1. cry 2. scream 3. fall asleep standing up. Today I am one VERY burned out mommy. Let me tell ya.

So I am trying to combat the crabbies.
By listening to this album.

By cleaning up my house, again! (A dirty house makes me crabbier.)


And after I wash the bedding that my son wet last night, and after cleaning up the ton of hair on the bathroom floor that I just cleaned up 2 days ago, and vacuuming up all the dirt in the entryway, I am going to give myself a day off. Minimal cooking, no more laundry than necessary, I am going to sit on my hinder and read a book. And maybe get some ear plugs so I don't have to listen to all the crying of the little people going on in the house. Or who knows, I just may join in. Tomorrow, please be a better day!


thank you for letting me vent....tomorrow, a happier post or no post at all. I promise.

10 comments:

Roxanne said...

Vent away, Amanda...trust me I understand! Mine is back in bed for a nap and its not even nine! So, obviously I have no good advice. I just make sure to call my husband a lot on these kind of days so he feels bad for me when he gets home!! He, he, he..I know I'm bad! Take care!

turningwheelfarm said...

This is my first comment. I found you a couple months back. And I can relate. I already told everyone mommy isn't having a good day today. It snowed here and I think not getting "out" is causing me to go a little crazy! And definitely take a day off you deserve it. That sounds like a good idea :)

Claire said...

Sorry you are having a crabby day! Hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

I hope your tomorrow is better :)

Sarah said...

I know what you mean about the crabbies and the exhaustion. I actually went back to bed at 9:30 a.m. the other morning and took a two hour nap. Both my kids are now in school so I can get away with it! Sometimes - ok, most of the time - doing the same things over and over (cooking, cleaning, laundry) gets very old. I am very thankful that i get to stay home with the kids, but sometimes some sign of appreciation from the family would be great! Hope you are feeling better tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a MUCH better day tomorrow! And I can certainly relate - I'm sure we get these kinds of days so that we really appreciate the good ones. At least that's what I keep telling myself.
Finished quilting M's quilt - looks GREAT, even if I do say so myself. Can't wait to show it to you. Will call you next week when I get back.
Happy Days Ahead!
AJ

Linda said...

Sorry you had a rough day. Vent all you like! I hope tomorrow is a better day! Go play some "partay" with Kevin and the kids, that will make you feel better!

Anonymous said...

I had to smile because of all your blogs, I think you got the most responses off of this one! Isn't it great to know you have so many people care for you and love you no matter how crabby you get?
And isn't it great that as women, we can continue to support each other even when we feel our worst?
God bless you, dear. Your honesty reminds us how much we all need each other.
Dawn

Roxanne said...

Just a quick comment to your comment! I plan to use the microscope slides to make stuff with my soldering iron...basically you take 2 slides, make some sort of decoration between the two, tape the edges with foil tape and solder them together. You could pretty much use any kind of glass, but microscope slides are already small and thin and cost about $3 for 72! You didn't ask about test tubes...is your mind wandering already?? Wire + test tubes=some fabulous right??? :)- I'm contemplating ordering 100...bad idea?? (They are cheaper that way)

Amanda Jean said...

dawn, in response to your comment:

yes, it is great! I couldn't agree more, and I am completely blown away with gratitude. :)